I had fun creating this happy page using colours that remind me of some of the flowers in my garden and the bright summer days we have been having of late – I hope you like it!
I started by painting Deep Violet, Bright Aqua Green, Primary Yellow and white acrylic paints onto the page using my finger, blending the colour together where they joined. When the paint was dry, I used a Tim Holtz stencil to add the flowers, using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. Next I stamped some Tiny Dots, stripes and chevrons, all from some Kaisercraft stamp sets, using black Archival Ink. The bird is fussy cut from Kaisercraft design paper and is teamed with some pink flowers and wording, which reads “Let your dreams take flight” from a Kaisercraft Sticker Set. I outlined the wording sticker with a black Uni Pin marker and white Uniball gel pen, and then to finish I added some small white star embellishments using Ranger Glossy Accents.
This amazing pink geranium influenced my colour choice for this page, it’s a joy to see it every day from our kitchen window (grin!).
Being summer, it must be “Pimms O’clock” somewhere, especially as T stands for Tuesday – Cheers and Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Acrylic Paints (Deep Violet, Bright Aqua Green, Primary Yellow)
- Art Discount Acrylic (White)
- Tim Holtz Collection Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil (Floral TH5077)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry)
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamps (Tiny Dot CS360, Mister Fox CS173)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Kaisercraft Fly Free Collection Paper (Sister P1897)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Fly Free SS289)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.8mm)
- Uniball Signo Gel Pen (White)
- White star embellishments
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Pritt Stick