June means that summer is here and as we have been having a few grey days of late, I created this brightly coloured page inspired by some motivational wording which I hope brings a smile to your face too (grin!).
With the chevrons and stamped shapes, my page is also a reminder that you have another week to join our Make a Mark challenge at Try it on Tuesday, it would be lovely to see you there!
I started by collaging the whole page with colourful design papers using Liquitex matte gel medium and then I covered the papers with some Pébéo white gesso using a palette knife. When dry, I coloured the edges of the papers with corresponding coloured Faber-Castell gelatos which included Red Cherry, Watermelon, Snow Cone and Coconut, smudging the colours with my finger which I wet with a baby wipe. Using black Archival Ink, I stamped: some hearts using a Heart Background stamp; Circles using a Worn Rings Gummiapan stamp, a recycled cardboard tube and also a plastic tube; and some geometric mini patterned dots and a hexagon pattern stamp from Docrafts. I highlighted and added more detail to these stamped images using a white Uni Posca paint pen; yes I did colour all those little hexagons white (grin!). Then I added the multi-coloured chevrons which are stickers from Kaisercraft; I outlined them with the white Uni Posca paint pen and also a black Uni Pin marker to make them stand out more. I cut out a panel from a Kaisercraft paper sheet, it reads “Live simple, dream big, laugh lots, be amazing, give love” which I thought was a great philosophy to live by. The panel was stuck in place using double-sided tape and I framed it using black Glitterations border stickers. To finish, I added strips of the black Glitterations border stickers to the right-hand side edges of the chevrons so they were more defined.
As T Stands for Tuesday, I’m sharing my cup of cinnamon orange tea and some homemade French toast. It definitely feels like summer as strawberries are in season here and we’ve been having them on either American pancakes or French toast along with some golden syrup – so yummy! Wishing you a very Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Faber-Castell Gelato (Red Cherry, Watermelon, Snow Cone, Coconut)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.2mm)
- Uni Posca Paint Pen (White)
- Hobbycraft A6 Clear Stamp (Heart Background 50351HC)
- Gummiapan Stamps (Worn Rings 2 11050601)
- Recycled cardboard and plastic tubes
- Docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection Geometric Kraft (Mini Cards & Stamp Set PMA105306, Gift Tags and Stamp Set PMA105307)
- The Works Design Pad (Happy Spring CRO707/TW26)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Fiesta! SS284)
- Kaisercraft Paper Fly Free Collection (Confidante P1896)
- Docrafts Papermania Glitterations (Black Borders ANT8181015)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Stix2 double-sided tape