Over at Try it on Tuesday our new challenge for the next two weeks is Things with Wings, so we would like to see birds, butterflies, dragonflies, bees, planes, fairies or something else with wings on your creations.
The Design Team have created some amazing inspirational pieces for you, so please pop over to our blog and take a look. I decided to go for a steampunk vibe and create time flying across my page by adding some colourful wings to some clocks – I hope you like it!
As there are lots of spring blossoms around at the moment I started this page by stamping a pretty blossom spray stamp from Stampendous using black Versafine Ink which I covered with black Papermania embossing powder and then melted with a heat gun to give a glossy finish. Then I had fun painting the page using Kuretake watercolour paints; I used Rose Madder and Sap Green for the blossoms and then Ultramarine and Turquoise Blue for the sky. Next I stamped the letters so they swept across the page from the bottom right-hand corner using a Carabelle Studio stamp and black Archival Ink. I created the butterfly clocks by using a clock from Kaisercraft Collectables, cutting clock faces from a Tim Holtz Pocket Card and adding butterfly wings from some 3D butterflies die cut shapes; they are all edged with a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and stuck in place using double-sided tape. To finish, I added the words which are Remnant Rubs from Tim Holtz, they read “brave”, “don’t forget to fly”, “wander” and “go where your heart take you”.
As palmiers are also known as butterfly wings (like on my page) I’m sharing my special birthday treat which is actually two palmiers sandwiched together with cream and strawberry jam – yum! As I enjoyed it with a cup of cinnamon orange Ceylon tea, I’m joining the T Gang over at T Stands for Tuesday– Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tsukineko Versafine Ink (Onyx Black)
- Papermania Embossing Powder (Black PMA4021006)
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour Paint set (Rose Madder, Sap Green Light, Ultramarine Pale, Ultramarine, Turquiose Blue)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Stampendous cling rubber stamp (Blossom Spray CRP136)
- Carabelle Studio Art Stamp (Background avec des letters SA60233)
- Kaisercraft Collectables (Anthology CT938)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology (Pocket Cards #TH93208)
- The Works (Make your own 3D butterflies)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Remnant Rubs (Special Delivery #TH93188)
- Stix2 double-sided tape