I’m so delighted with the new tulips which are currently flowering in our garden that I have created this bright and colourful page to remember them (grin!).
I started by applying Hickory Smoke, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress Ink to the page by stamping the ink pads onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water and pressing the block onto the page. Then I used the same Distress Inks to stamp some Halftone circles from Altnew and also to add some dots using a blending tool through a stencil. To add some contrast, I stencilled a honeycomb pattern using Black Soot Distress Ink and then I splattered the page using black DecoArt acrylic paint. The tulips are fussy cut from an old flower book and stuck in place using Liquitex matte gel medium and when they were dry, I outlined them using a black Uni Pin marker. To finish, I added the wording to capture the look and feel of the beautiful tulips in my garden: “sunshine”, “April” and “tulips” are rub-on transfers by Royal & Langnickel; “you colour my life”, “this is awesome” and “smile” are from a Kaisercraft sticker sheet.
Our flower bed currently looks like this with the tulips adding some amazing pops of colour alongside the pretty bluebells.
Last October we planted two different types on tulips in assorted colours which are beautiful and they have been flowering for about 4 weeks now (grin!). These are standard tulips …
… and these fringed tulips which have a pretty frilly edge along their petals.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Hickory Smoke, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Altnew Clear Stamp Set (Halftone Circles)
- Stencil (Dots)
- That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencil (Reverse Honeycomb Background TC031)
- The Oxford Book of Garden Flowers
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Sentiments (Spring #ROY506, Summer #ROY505)
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Fiesta! SS284)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium