It’s been very cold and frosty this week, we even had a light sprinkling of snow, so I thought I’d create a page to capture the pretty frozen landscape.
I started by covering the centre of the page with Pébéo white gesso and then I added some Silver Metallic acrylic paint around the edges, gradually blending the gesso and acrylic into each other where they met. Next I arranged some images, wording, flowers and leaves from a Sweet Winter Season decoupage book and die cut some branches using Garden Greens Thinlets by Tim Holtz from some pink and brown paper using my Big Shot machine. They are all layered and arranged onto the page using double-sided tape or a Zig glue pen. I also die cut some snowflakes from grey/pink paper using two different die sets and stuck them onto the background along with silver snowflake relief stickers. I used some of the smaller snowflake relief stickers to decorate a few of the decoupage pieces, then to finish I added some tiny clear gemstones to add a bit of extra sparkle.
With it being so cold out, our bird feeder has been working overtime. We have had an array of birds visiting including a pair of Coal Tits; they have a distinctive grey back, black cap, and white patch at the back of their neck with beautiful creamy peachy coloured breast-feathers.
Coal Tits look similar to this Chickadee that we saw in the US when we visited last year. I have included a squirrel on my page but luckily we don’t have them raiding our bird feeder, unlike our friends in America who get chipmunks as well as red and grey squirrels on their feeders.
This little guy with his pretty grey and brown feathers is a Dunnock and reminds me of the little bird on my page; we see him in our garden on a daily basis feeding underneath our bird feeders.
Of course I wanted to also show you our resident Robin, although this isn’t the best of photos he still looks so sweet (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Poundland Metallic Acrylic Paint (Silver)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush marker (Dark Sepia 175 B)
- Sizzix Thinlets Tim Holtz Alterations (Garden Greens 661206)
- Tonic Studios Christmas Trio Die Set (falling Snowflakes 1792e)
- The Works Cutting Dies (Snowflake Garland)
- The Works 3D Decoupage Book (Sweet Winter Season)
- Poundland Design Pad (Changing Seasons CRO701/16PL1)
- Craft Sensations Design Pad (Endless Love CRO206/A)
- Crelando Relief Stickers (IAN289011)
- Home Bargains Special Occasion (Mini Decorative Stickers 22740)
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue (Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Stix2 double-sided tape