In January we always start to fill our calendar with things to do during the year which are often the things that inspire my art journal pages (grin!). So to capture my excitement and happy feelings, I created this colourful page.
I started by covering the page with some music sheet pieces which were left over from another project using Liquitex Matte Gel Medium. Once the gel medium was dry I scribbled Red Cherry, Watermelon, Mango, Peach, Guava, Kiwi and Lemon Faber-Castell Gelatos over the page and used my finger which I wet using a baby wipe to smudge and blend the colour. I used a Geometric Tiles stencil from Dutch Doobadoo to remove some of the gelato colour, using a baby wipe, to create the blocks of white circles. Then I stamped three different Gummiapan stamps using black Archival Ink to create my landscape of flowers; the stamps were Worn Rings 2, A Lot of Splats and Large Rudbeckia. To finish, I added the wording “Live a colouful life”, which is from a Kaisercraft sticker sheet, and outlined it with a black Sharpie marker.
There is so much that we are looking forward to this year: spring calls as we always enjoy visiting Lytham Hall to see the snowdrops.
At the start of summer we have the St. Anne’s Carnival to look forward to and then the summer ends with the St. Anne’s International Kite Festival.
In autumn there are the International Firework Championships.
Then, in winter we always enjoy the Victorian Festivals too!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Faber-Castell Gelato (Red Cherry, Watermelon, Mango, Peach, Guava, Kiwi, Lemon)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Sharpie Permanent Fine Point Marker (Black)
- Dutch Doobadoo Dutch Mask Art A5 (Geometric Tiles)
- Gummiapan Stamps (Worn Rings 2 11050601, A Lot of Splats 11050106, Large Rudbeckia 15030501)
- Music Sheet – Bosworth Violin Studies
- Kaisercraft Sticker Sheet (Fiesta! SS284)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium