Hi everyone! It’s lovely to be in the Designer Spotlight over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this month. Thank you for all your kind comments and support last week!
This week the theme is Let It Snow.
I was inspired by Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Frozen Fractals and Tim Holtz Urban Tapestry stamp sets to create a mixed media panel that could be made into a card or in this case used as the centre piece for my art journal page.
To create the panel, I started by cutting a piece of mixed media paper to A5 size, and then I stamped the pretty white snowflakes using the SSS Frozen Fractals stamp set, Versamark Watermark ink and white Stampendous embossing powder. I coloured it using Milled Lavender, Chipped Sapphire and Salty Ocean Distress Ink by spritzing the panel with water then applying the inks. The bird and foliage are from the Urban Tapestry stamp set and they are stamped using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and a brown Faber-Castell Big Brush marker.
Next I created the die cut ivy and berries using Tim Holtz Sizzix Garden Greens Thinlets, white cardstock and two different blue shades of vellum.
The ivy is coloured using Moss, Leaf Green, Bud Green and Chocolate Spectrum Aqua Markers and detailed using a black fine line marker. I layered the coloured ivy leaves and vellum berries over the white die cut pieces, so they were slightly off centre making the white cardstock look like a coating of snow.
To continue the snowy theme, I doodled snow onto the branch and foliage using a white Uniball gel pen. To finish the panel, I embellished it with SSS Frozen Fractals sequins and added some Icicle Stickles to add some sparkle to both the centre of the sequins and the die cut berries.
As I wanted to use the panel as the centre piece for my art journal page, I also created a wood effect background. Firstly I applied a thin wash of Ground Espresso Distress Ink to the page using a paintbrush and then I used the same ink to stamp snowflakes using the SSS Frozen Fractals stamp set again. I also used a blending tool to stencil the Ground Espresso ink using a Mini Specimen Template by The Crafter’s Workshop. Then I sprinkled Dark Brown and Sandstone Brusho powders onto the page and applied glossy gel medium over the top using a paintbrush, making sure I dragged the paintbrush vertically down the page to create the wood grain effect.
I mounted the panel onto the page using double-sided tape and added the wording, some more die cut berries, SSS Frozen Fractals Sequins and Icicle Stickles, which finished the page.
This page reminds me of Christmas a few years ago and the lovely woodland walk that we went on with my family; as you can see I was very happy to see the snow!
What could be better than a steaming cup of hot chocolate to warm you up after a walk in the snow – I’m wishing the T Gang over at T Stands for Tuesday a very Happy T Day !
I enjoyed creating my art journal page for the Let it Snow challenge and I hope you will join in the fun too! For more inspiration please check out the fabulous creations from the Design Team over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Don’t forget that Simon Says Stamp are generously giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the Simon Says Stamp Store! and one lucky participant will be randomly drawn to win this voucher. How amazing is that! Good Luck to everyone!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of the materials over at Simon Says Stamp that were used to create this art journal page:
- Simon Says Stamp Frozen Fractals Clears Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Urban Tapestry Cling Rubber Stamps
- Docrafts Clear Stamp Block Papermania
- Tsukineko Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
- Stampendous Embossing Powder Basics (White)
- Ranger Heat Gun
- Ranger Inkssentials MINI MISTER Spray Bottle Tool
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad (Milled Lavender)
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad (Chipped Sapphire)
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad (Salty Ocean)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Rich Cocoa)
- Faber-Castell Craft Stamper Big Brush Pen (Nougat)
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Tim Holtz Sizzix Garden Greens Thinlets
- Crafter’s Companion Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
- Crafter’s Companion Floral Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker
- Zig Chisel Tip Glue Pen
- Uniball Signo Gel Pen (White)
- Simon Says Stamp Frozen Fractals Sequins
- Ranger Inkessentials Glossy Accents
- Ranger Stickles (Icicle)
- Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad (Ground Espresso)
- The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Specimens 6 x 6 Template
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool Applicator Foam
- Ranger Multi Medium Gloss
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- Lawn Fawn Stamp Shammy Cleaner