I am enjoying being in the Designer Spotlight this month over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Thanks so much for all your kind comments and support last week!
This week the theme is Thanks/Thanksgiving.
My art journal page was inspired by my recent holiday/vacation to America. We went to Maine to stay with our dearest friends so I included the spectacular fall colours that we saw and also the words “count your blessings” as this holiday gave me so much to be thankful for (grin!).
I started by creating a page of fall colour using Tim Holtz Leaf Prints stamp set and eleven different colours of Memento Ink.
It was fun stamping and layering all the leaves and it’s a lovely reminder of the fall colours that we saw on our holiday too. I also covered the maple leaves that I had stamped using the Love Letter and Potter’s Clay Memento Inks with Ranger Glossy Accents to add some lovely shine.
For the bunting, I cut some rectangles of Simon Says Stamp Cream Card stock and Tim Holtz paper.
I created the bottom of the bunting by drawing and then cutting a V shape, then I layered them together with some letters die cut from Authentique paper and stuck them together using a Zig Glue Pen.
They are arranged and stuck in place with glue dots over a piece of Tim Holtz idea-ology paper string which I stuck to the page using the Glossy Accents. Then to finish, I added a couple of gumdrop gems.
I always count my blessings especially this time of year; I have so much to be thankful for (grin!) and I’m wishing those of you who celebrate a Happy Thanksgiving!
I thought you may like to see some of the fall colours from my holiday that inspired my page when we stayed with our friends.
Here’s one of the beautiful views of the fall trees and the rusty ferns that we saw whilst walking in the woodland around the lake house where we stayed …
I enjoyed creating my art journal page for the Thanks/Thanksgiving challenge and I hope you will join in the fun too! For more inspiration please check out the fabulous creations from the Design Team over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Don’t forget that Simon Says Stamp are generously giving away a $50 voucher to shop at the Simon Says Stamp Store! and one lucky participant will be randomly drawn to win this voucher. How amazing is that! Good Luck to everyone!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of the materials over at Simon Says Stamp that were used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Cling Rubber Stamps Leaf Prints CMS273
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drops Ink Pads – Gum Drops (Dandelion, Cottage Ivy, Grape Jelly, Rich Cocoa)
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drops Ink Pads – Snow Cones (Toffee Crunch, Love Letter, Morocco, Pistachio, Elderberry)
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drops Ink Pads – Sorbet Scoops (Potter’s Clay, London Fog)
- Ranger Inkessentials Glossy Accents
- Simon Says Stamp Cream Off White Card Stock
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology 8 x 8 Mini Paper Stash Halloween TH93712
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- Authentique Paper nearest match being Authentique Nostalgia Paper Pad
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Airmail Paper String TH83026
- Faber-Castell Craft Stamper Big Brush Pen (Nougat)
- Zig Chisel Tip Glue Pen
- Lawn Fawn Stamp Shammy Cleaner