As it’s our 30th Wedding Anniversary or Pearl Wedding Anniversary, I thought I’d celebrate by creating another page, this time using pearls and also cream and peach colour tones to reflect the colour scheme at our wedding.
Thank you to everyone who left Happy Anniversary wishes on my previous post, that’s so kind of you (grin!).
I started by stamping the butterflies using a layering stamp set by Paperbabe Stamps called Butterfly Pieridae. Firstly, I stamped the butterfly wings with the background stamp using Peach Spectrum Aqua Marker and also Scattered Straw Distress Ink; I masked some of the wings that I stamped to create the different butterfly positions. Then I stamped three separate stamps to define the butterfly using Black Archival Ink this included the wing detail, the butterfly’s body and also the antennae. Next I stamped some hearts from the same Paperbabe stamp set using the Peach Spectrum Aqua Marker and the Scattered Straw Distress Ink again. Then I applied Parchment Liquitex acrylic paint through a Flourish Stencil from That’s Crafty using a sponge over the background. When dry, I added some torn pieces of Dictionary page using a glue stick; the words I chose were “wedding”, “marriage” and “anniversary”, and I outlined them using a black Derwent Graphik marker so they stood out more. I also cut some hearts from the dictionary pages using a paper punch; they are edged with a black Faber-Castell Big Brush marker and stuck down using a glue stick. The central heart is created using a doily, some gold glitter stickers, pearl gems, pearl roses and two pearl hearts; each of which were individually placed to build up the design, it is stuck in place using Ranger Glossy Accents. Then I added the gold glitter flowers and wording using the same stickers that I had used on the doily heart. To finish, I added some cream coloured felt swirls and embellished them with the pearl gems and roses.
It doesn’t seem like yesterday that we got married and the years seem to have flown by, well they do say “time flies when you’re having fun” and we certainly have had lots of fun over the years. So as T Stands for Tuesday we are toasting our anniversary with a glass of champagne – cheers and Happy T Day!
Sending Happy 30th Anniversary wishes to Erika and her hubby too!
I’m also joining the lovely Wen and her Simply Neutrals Tuesday party over at Apple Apricot with my neutral coloured wedding anniversary page.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Peach)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Scattered Straw)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Liquitex Artist Color Acrylic (Parchment)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker (Black 199)
- Paperbabe Stamps (Butterfly Pieridae Stamp Set)
- That’s Crafty! 8x8ins Stencil (Flourish TC8024)
- The Oxford Pocket Dictionary
- Woodware Craft Collection Paper Doily (Heart JL961)
- Self-Adhesive Felt Border (Scrolls FE196)
- The Range (Adhesive Pearls LCDOT002, Alphabet & Number Stickers Glitter SCSTK013)
- Home Bargains (Special Occasion – Mini Decorative Stickers 22740, Sweet Hearts 22809, Sticker Mania – Gel Stone Stickers 74749)
- Poundworld (Pearl Embellishments 137920-A)
- Craft Sensations (Ivory Deco Flowers CR0736-GE)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Pritt Stick