Excited to use my new Kuretake Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour paint set again, I created some cards using my favourite stamps and embossing powders (grin!).
I started by cutting a panel of mixed media paper to fit a white 6×4” card which I made from white cardstock. I embossed white doily shapes and black butterflies onto the panel by first stamping a Doily by Kaisercraft using VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad and applying white Stampendous embossing powder over the top. Then I shook the excess powder onto a piece of scrap paper and tapped the tag against the table to make sure I’ve removed any stray powder. Once the excess powder was safely returned to its container, I used a craft heat gun to melt the embossing powder until the embossing powder melted into a glossy finish. I repeated the same process for the butterflies using a stamp designed by Graphic 45 Hampton Art using the VersaMark Watermark stamp pad again and this time I used black Papermania embossing powder. I added a filigree leaf stamp by Crafter’s Companion using Cottage Ivy Memento Ink and also a Script stamp by Kaisercraft using black Archival Ink. Next I painted the watercolour to the background by first wetting the paper and then adding Sap Green Light, Viridian and Lemon Yellow watercolour paint with a paintbrush and once dry I painted the filigree leaves with the same colours. I also added some Yellow Ochre watercolour paint to the centre of the card to break up the white space, then when the card was dry I splattered it with black DecoArt acylic paint. The “Just for you” is from the same stamp set from Crafter’s Companion and is stamped using black Archival Ink. I edged the paper panel with black Faber-Castell Big Brush Marker and stuck it on the 6×4” card using double-sided tape. Then to finish, I added silver glitter details to the butterfly wings using Ranger Stickles and also some glittery heart decorations using Glossy Accents.
Just discovered this gladioli in our garden this morning, isn’t it beautiful! I may just use this colour combination on one of these cards as I created several panels of the same design for painting later (grin!).
Here’s my new Kuretake Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour paint set, the box is lovely!
You may remember this set of watercolours from a previous post; I’ve been so impressed with them so far, the colours are amazing!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this card:
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Japanese Watercolour Paint set (Sap Green Light, Viridian, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre)
- Tsukineko VeraMark (Watermark Stamp Pad)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (Cottage Ivy)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic (Black)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Stampendous Embossing Powder (Detail White Opaque)
- Papermania Embossing Powder (Black PMA4021006)
- Kaisercraft clear stamp (Doily CS297, Script CS752)
- Hampton Art Graphic 45 cling mounted rubber stamps (Tropical Travelogue ICO134)
- Crafter’s Companion Signature Collection by Sara Davies stamp set (Just for You – Butterfly Lullaby S-BL-ST-JUS)
- Daler Rowney Mixed Media paper
- White Cardstock
- Home Bargains Special Occasion (Mini Decorative Stickers 22740)
- Ranger Stickles (Silver)
- Stix2 double-sided tape