The new theme over at Try it on Tuesday is Mum’s the Word which means all things mother related, it maybe quotes for mothers, mother and child, animal families, Mother’s Day or something else related to mothers. Over at Try it on Tuesday you’ll find lots of wonderful inspiration from the Design Team.
This challenge runs for the next two weeks and I hope to see you there!
My art journal page today is inspired by my mum as it’s her birthday and Mother’s Day this month as well as the different ways you can say mother (a suggestion from one of my non-blogging best friends – thank you!). So I started by stamping some of different names you can call your mother using a VersaMark watermark stamp pad and an alphabet stamp set from Dovecraft. Then I covered the words with gold Papermania embossing powder and shook and tapped off the excess powder onto a piece of scrap paper, and also removed any stray powder using a paintbrush. Then I used a heat gun to melt the embossing powder by sweeping the gun over the stamped wording until the embossing powder melted to a glossy finish and became smooth and dimensional. Next I stamped some pink doilies and blue swirls onto the page; I did this using Angel Pink Memento Ink with Doily stamps from Kaisercraft and also Dovecraft, as well as Summer Sky Memento Ink with a Serpentine Background stamp from Art Impressions. I applied Blossom and Teal Spectrum Aqua Markers to the background by scribbling the ink onto an acrylic block, spritzing with water and pressing the block onto the page. To mute the colours and wording I applied Pébéo white gesso over the top using a palette knife. I cut some pieces of pink doily and stuck them to the edges of the page using a UHU Stic. The teal leaves are cut from some design paper using Sizzix Thinlets by Tim Hotlz, they are edged with the Teal Spectrum Aqua marker and stuck in place using a Zig Memory System Glue Pen. The wreath and matching flowers are fussy cut from a magazine article about Mother’s Day. I mounted the wreath on a circle of card before sticking it to the page using double-sided foam tape. The matching flowers are mounted on top of some yellow and pink paper flowers and the “With love and cuddles” wording is a card topper from Kanban; they are all stuck in place using double-sided tape. To finish, I added some pretty gold tiles and the “Mum” wording which are outline stickers.
I hope you will join in the fun at Try it on Tuesday with your Mum’s the Word creations too!
As you may be aware, I regularly go to a local café with my mum so today I’m sharing my mum’s cappuccino …
…. and my green tea along with a toasted fruit bread to share (grin!). I’m pleased that these drinks cater for both the coffee and tea drinkers in the T Gang (grin!) over at T Stands for Tuesday – thanks for visiting and Happy T Day!
With the spring colours I used on my page, I’m pleased to join the lovely Rosie from Rosie’s Bastelwelt who is hosting the Spring challenge over at Art Journal Journey and also the Think of Spring challenge over at Moo Mania and More.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tsukeniko VersaMark (Watermark Stamp Pad VM-001)
- Docrafts Papermania Embossing Powder (Gold Shellac PMA4021007)
- Tsukeniko Memento Ink (Angel Pink, Summer Sky)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist Marker (Blossom, Teal)
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Dovecraft Essentials Alphabet Stamp Set (WDN ALPHA STMP DCVW0050)
- Craft Sensations (Deco Stencil Set 154892)
- Kaisercraft Clear Stamps (Doily CS297)
- Dovecraft Curiosity Corner Clear Stamp (A5 Lace & Doile DCCS009)
- Art Impressions wood mounted rubber stamp (Serpentine Background T-2773)
- Sizzix Thinlets by Tim Holtz (Garden Greens 661206)
- Poundland Design Pad (Vintage Chic CRO701/PL4)
- Dovecraft Collections Back to Basics III (Paper Blossoms DCBL005)
- Dovecraft Paper Doilies (Floral Muse DCDLS005)
- Kanban Paper Craft Toppers (Flower and Cupcakes 900858)
- Magenta Style Outline Stickers (Gold 1227)
- Docrafts Anita’s Outline Stickers (Modern Alphabet Gold ANT8101000)
- UHU Stic
- Docrafts Stick It! double-sided tape
- The Range double-sided foam tape