I couldn’t wait to use my new Big Shot die cutting machine which I received for Christmas so I created this page (grin!).
You may have seen that I referred to it in my last post and I was amazed at how many of you guessed correctly (double grin!). I’d also like to thank everyone for all their lovely wishes of congratulations when I became a member of the Try it on Tuesday Design Team too, I’m overwhelmed by your kindness, thank you!
To create the background, I added Hickory Smoke, Tea Dye and Milled Lavender Distress Inks by applying the ink pads to an acrylic block, spritzing with water and pressing the block onto the page. Then I stamped a couple of snowflake designs from BoBunny using London Fog, Toffee Crunch and Lulu Lavender Memento Inks. Next I created all the lovely leaves from different design papers using my new Big Shot; I chose a blue colour palette to give a wintry and frosty feel to the page. I used a holly die to create the leaves and had such fun using the Big Shot to produce them all, as you can see I made quite a few (grin!). I edged each of the leaves with a grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker to make them stand out a bit more from the background, which took quite some time! Then I layered them onto the page using glue dots or double-sided foam tape and a Zig Memory System glue pen. Once in place I also curled the leaves so they looked more dimensional. The pretty bird and fence posts are fussy cut from last year’s calendar and are edged with grey Faber-Castell Big Brush marker; the calendar features British Birds and this one is called a Great Tit which frequents woodland and gardens alike. They are stuck down using a UHU Stic and I added some of the leaves around them too. Next I added a pretty winter scene tag by Pion Designs, a sticker from Graphic 45 and also some words which I cut from an old magazine, mounted onto a piece of thick paper and stuck into place using double-sided foam tape. The words read “A sprinkle of magic” which reminds me of frost and snow this time of year. To finish, I added Icicle Sparkles to the snow on the fence posts and lots of blue gems using Glossy Accents.
I had so much fun using my Big Shot and having never used a die cutting machine before, I had a fun adventure finding out how it worked and how to use it (grin!). I have a very limited supply of dies at the moment but couldn’t wait to get creative so made do with what I had and I love the page that resulted!
If you have any suggestions of brands or actual dies that you would recommend and couldn’t live without, then please let me know by leaving a comment below. This will help me decide what to put on my wish list as I really don’t know where to start (double grin!).
As I included my cuppa in the photo above, I’m pleased to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth and the rest of the T Gang over at T Stands for Tuesday – sending you all Happy T day wishes!
If you are wondering, here’s the photo of my craft room from my last post, you can see my new Big Shot on the left-hand side (grin!).
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Hickory Smoke, Tea Dye, Milled Lavender)
- Tsukineko Memento Ink (London Fog, Toffee Crunch, Lulu Lavender)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Cold Grey IV 233)
- BoBunny Stamps (Snow Day #13705563)
- The Range Festive Collection (5×5 Dies Holly)
- Poundland Design Pad (Pure Frozen CRO701/16PL4, Contemporary Christmas CRO701K/P4)
- Festive Silhouettes free with magazine (Luxury Stamp Set and Foiled Paper)
- Poundland (Glitter Sheets 116432)
- British Birds Calendar 2017 – recycled
- Pion Design Glistening Season 12×12” paper sheet (Tags – PD6612)
- Graphic 45 Cardstock Stickers (Place in Time 4500617)
- Hobbycraft Decorative Embellishments (Blue Round Gems 566538101)
- Ranger Stickles (Icicle)
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Zig Memory System 2 Way Glue (The Dual Action Glue Pen)
- UHU Stic
- Wilko (Sticky Dots)
- Docrafts Stick It! double-sided tape
- The Range double-sided foam tape