I have lots to be thankful for and this quote is one of my favourite tea quotes and was my inspiration for both the “Poetry in Motion” theme that I’m hosting over at Art Journal Journey and also T Stands for Tuesday where I’m pleased to join in the fun with the T Gang!
I applied Apricot and Parchment Liquitex acrylic paints using a baby wipe to the page and then I used various stamps to create the patterned background. This included a doily image by Dovecraft using London Fog Memento Ink, the words “joy” from a background stamp by Great Impressions using Tea Dye Distress Ink and two heart stamps by Hallmark Cards using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. I printed the teacup image, fussy cut it out, stuck it to the page using a UHU Stic and enhanced the colours and detail by using Sun Yellow, Tangerine, Violet, Mustard, Apple Green, Teal Green, and Leaf Green Derwent Inktense pencils. The grapes and leaves are rub-on transfers by Royal & Langnickel and were chosen to match the design on the lovely teacup image. Next I painted the centre of a tag with Parchment Liquitex acrylic paint and then I stuck a layer of white tissue paper over the top using a UHU Stic, giving it a fabric look. I stamped the wording onto the tissue paper using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and then I glued another layer of tissue paper over the top. The wording could still be seen through the tissue paper and I went over each letter using a black Uni Pin marker to give a stitching effect. I also edged the tissue paper and outlined the tag with stitch marks using the black Uni Pin marker too. Then I used a Teal Derwent Inktense pencil and a white Uniball gel pen to add texture and colour to the tissue paper so it looked more like fabric. I added some of the rub-on transfers around the edge of the tag and then stuck it to the page using double-sided foam tape. To finish the page, I added two strips of lace.
The quote and teacup image is from this lovely little book, you may remember it from a previous post.
I’m also sharing my cup of green tea in order to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth over at T Stands for Tuesday. We are having it with a chocolate covered choux bun filled with fresh cream, which brings an even bigger smile to my face (grin!) – yum! Wishing you all a Happy T Day!
I hope you are able to join in the fun over at Art Journal Journey by creating a page inspired by a favourite quote, poem or saying; I look forward to seeing you there!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Artist Colour Acrylic (Apricot, Parchment)
- Tsukeniko Memento Ink (London Fog, Rich Cocoa)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye)
- Derwent Inktense Ink Pencils (Sun Yellow 0200, Tangerine 0300, Violet 0800, Apple Green 1400, Teal Green 1300, Leaf Green 1600, Mustard 1700)
- Uni Pin Fine Point marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- Dovecraft Curiosity Corner clear stamps (A5 Lace and Diole DCCS009)
- Great Impressions wood mounted stamp (Joy Background J87)
- Hallmark Cards clear stamp (Christmas)
- Dovecraft upper and lower case alphabet stamp set (WDN ALPHA STMP DCVW0050)
- White tissue paper
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Transfer (REC1682)
- Poundworld (Adhesive Lace Strips U-80935)
- The Works (Hang Tags)
- UHU Stic
- The Range double-sided foam tape