I find Autumn is so inspiring with all its different shades of gold, orange, red, brown and yellow. I love this season and I’m pleased to be able to join Valerie’s “Indian Summer – Autumn – Golden October” challenge over at Art Journal Journey.
To start I stippled areas of white gesso over the page using a paint brush. I then added apricot and parchment Liquitex acrylic paint using a palette knife and added some grey watercolour paint, blending all of these paints together using a baby wipe. I stamped leaf images with Royal & Langnickel stamps using Faber-Castell Big Brush marker ink, and then flicked some of their sanguine ink which I had diluted with water onto the page. Next I tore three strips of decoupage paper and stuck it to the page using a UHU Stic. The image of the beautiful lady is the packaging from the decoupage paper and I arranged the image so it looks like she is leaning back onto a wall or pillar. I stamped the quote onto tissue paper using Archival Ink and stuck it to the page using a UHU Stic, when the glue had dried I coloured it with a Spectrum Aqua Marker and outlined it with diluted Big Brush marker ink using a paint brush. I added the flower embellishments using a Zig Memory glue pen to her hair and cascading down the page with the leaves.
I love flower arranging and in my hall we display a different homemade wreath every season. I never tire of seeing these beautiful autumn leaves.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Liquitex Artist Color Acrylic (Apricot, Parchment)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush artist pen (Sanguine 188 B, Cold Grey IV 233, Dark Sepia 175 B)
- Range Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Marker (Slate)
- Royal & Langnickel Clear Choice stamps (Pressed Leaves MIN-CCS102)
- Dovecraft upper and lower case alphabet stamp set (WDN Alpha Stmp DCVW0050)
- Santora Decoupage Paper (SNDEC044)
- Poundland flowers (Accessories Pack)
- White tissue paper
- UHU Stic
- Zig Memory System 2 Way Glue (The Dual Action Glue Pen)