Now the nights are drawing in and the temperature is falling, we are saying farewell to summer and hello to autumn. I’m pleased to be able to join Valerie’s “Indian Summer – Autumn – Golden October” challenge over at Art Journal Journey.
I covered the page with a very thin layer of orange acrylic paint with a baby wipe and while it was drying started stamping leaves on white tissue paper using a different colour of Distress Ink for each leaf image. I then stamped the relevant leaf image onto the page using Jet black Archival Ink before I used a UHU Stic and Liquitex matte gel medium to attach the relevant tissue paper leaf images over the top. I diluted some gold and dark sepia Spectrum Aqua marker inks on an acrylic block by spritzing with water and painted them over the background to intensify the colour and textures. The pheasant heads are fussy cut from a leaflet and stuck to the page using a UHU Stic, so they look like they are peeking out from behind the leaves. I cut the “hello” wording from a paper pad and the word autumn from a magazine, sticking them to the page with a UHU Stic and double-sided foam tape for the central ones. To finish I edged the page with the Spectrum Aqua marker ink using an old plastic gift card.
With the change of seasons, comes a change of house decorations and now it’s autumn we have beautiful autumnal leaves and pumpkins. They are so colourful and bright that they make us smile with delight when we see them – autumn colours are definitely our favourite!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Artist Color Acrylic (Cadmium Red Medium Hue/Lacquer Red, Cadmium Yellow Medium)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Brushed Corduroy, Tea Dye)
- Range Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Marker (Gold, Sepia)
- Sharpie Permanent Fine Point marker (Black)
- BoBunny stamp (Falling Leaves #12105154)
- Royal & Langnickel Clear Choice stamps (Pressed Leaves MIN-CCS102)
- Creative Rox Craft Asylum Paper Pad (Into the woods 480326)
- White tissue paper
- Leaflet and magazine
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- UHU Stic
- The Range Double-sided foam tape