There are lots of things that make me happy and today “happiness is tea and cake”. Happiness is also joining the T Gang, as T stands for Tuesday, to chat and catch up on what everyone’s been up too – Happy T Day!
I started by blending three colours of Winsor & Newton watercolour paint to create a pink/purple hue and applied it to the page using a baby wipe. Then I stamped a doily image using Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, which gave a lovely richness to the page. The little rose outlines are a stamp from Royal & Langnickel which I stamped using Memento Ink. I added the paper doilies at the edges of the page using a UHU Stic and embellished them using lace trim and buttons. The teapot, teacup and saucer and cakes are rub-on transfers, which I enhanced using Spectrum Aqua markers and a Uni Pin marker. Lastly I stamped the words using Archival Ink and coloured them using Spectrum Aqua markers, choosing colours to compliment the transfer images.
My hubby kindly treated me to an Iced Vanilla Custard Slice, which is two layers of puff pastry filled with a single layer of creamy thick vanilla custard and covered with icing – these ones had a beautiful yellow feathered icing pattern on the top. It’s a real teatime indulgence and so yummy – they have to be one of my all time favourites!
Last week our local craft store had a new stock of discounted stamps, which of course I had to buy and put to use straight away in this journal page. Actually I used only two of the ones I purchased and as you can see I have quite a few more to add to my collection. Now I have a bit of a dilemma – how do I store and catalogue my stamps? I like things organised so my goal is to know which stamps I have and how to locate them easily – please can you help me with any tips and share your experience of how to do this. Any suggestions are very welcome and gratefully received – thank you!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolour (Crimson 515, Payne’s Gray 465, Ultramarine 663)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Seedless Preserves)
- Memento Dye Ink (Lulu Lavender)
- Range Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Marker (Red Violet, Gold, Slate)
- Uni Pin Fine Line Marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Papermania block mounted crafting Rubber stamp (Doily PMA 1029)
- Royal & Langnickel Clear Choice stamps (Ornate Scrollwork MIN-CCS123)
- Docrafts Papermania 4×4 clear stamps (Bellissima – Alphas PMA907212)
- Docrafts A5 clear stamp set (Alphas Folk DCE907115)
- Dovecraft Floral Muse (Paper Doilies DCDLS004)
- Royal & Langnickel Rub-on Transfers (Romantic Tea #PAR-244 Rub-on)
- Lace trim
- UHU Stic
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue (The Dual Action Glue Pen)
- Ranger Glossy Accents