I’m often in the kitchen baking and now September has arrived, I find myself busy again. I’ve been making Bramble Jelly to serve on scones, in rice pudding or on toast with peanut butter (my hubby’s favourite), as well as Plum Jam which is a fabulous filling for a Victoria Sponge. So I’ve created a journal page to celebrate this fruitful happy time.
To create the background I started by applying Liquitex acrylic paint with a baby wipe, then I used Memento Ink to stamp two butterfly images from Hampton Arts, a doily stamp from Dovecraft and a homemade stamp which creates a soft grid texture. The words are stamped using the same ink and refer to the jam and jelly I made.
I added the bunting next which are stickers and then used up some card toppers from my craft stash which link very well to the theme with the lovely little pot of jam detail and a Victoria Sponge recipe. The sign with home baked cakes and the saying “The diet starts tomorrow!” is cut from a retro style postcard. I also added the packaging from the kit that contained the sealing covers, waxed discs, rubber bands and labels which I used for my jam and jelly making. I fixed them all in place using a UHU Stic or double-sided tape and the addition of the red gemstones was the finishing touch.
Every year we head out on our tandem to go blackberry picking, it’s so much fun, although you need to watch out for the thorns and nettles! This year we got two big tubs full of fruit to make into Bramble Jelly, which tastes superb – so fruity and delicious!
Plum jam is a lovely filling for a Victoria Sponge cake, here’s one I made to celebrate the stash of preserves that we made. The sponges are filled with the plum jam and fresh cream and on the top is a sprinkling of icing sugar. As T Stands for Tuesday, I’m having a nice cup of tea with my cake and saying a big hello to all of the T Gang … Happy T Day!
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Artist Color Acrylic (Parchment)
- Memento Dye Ink (London Fog)
- Hampton Arts 7 Gypsies cling mounted rubber stamps (Tropical Travelogue ICO134)
- Dovecraft Curiosity Corner clear stamps (A5 Lace and Doilie DCCS009)
- Dovecraft upper and lower case alphabet stamp set (WDN ALPHA STMP DCVW0050)
- Homemade wooden block stamp with Plasterboard/Drywall tape
- Home Bargains Wall Stickers (Fairy Door 34356)
- Hunkydory Birthdays for Her Luxury Card Collection (Birthday Bake)
- Hunkydory Magnificent Men Luxury Card Collection (Grill King & Nice Buns!)
- Postcard (Retro Days original design by Martin Wiscombe)
- Kitchen Craft packaging
- Poundland (504 Gems)
- UHU Stic
- Express It double-sided tape
- The Range double-sided foam tape