My family and friends always enjoy a cup of coffee; I don’t drink coffee myself but thought I would pay homage to this popular beverage by creating this page. I’m also saying a big hello to all of the T Gang because T Stands for Tuesday … Happy T Day!
I diluted Faber-Castell Big Brush marker ink with water and used it to paint brick shapes onto the page, gradually layering on more colour to shade the bricks. To add texture I stamped over the bricks with a stamp from Kaisercraft using the same Big Brush marker. Next I filled the area around the bricks with colour by painting Distress Ink which I diluted with water and then I stamped a leaf tile image over the top using the same ink. The different coffee drink names are stamped using Archival and Memento Inks and shaded using a slate Spectrum Aqua marker. To finish the background I splattered some black acrylic paint over the top. The page and cappuccino image borders are decoupage paper, which I stuck down using a UHU Stic. The cappuccino image is cut from a postcard which I bought from a local shop as I liked the retro look; I used double-sided foam tape to stick it to the page. To finish I cut hearts from a brochure using a paper punch, fussy cut the cup of coffee from a magazine and added the images of pastries from a card topper set.
Cappuccino is my Mum’s coffee of choice when we go out. At our local café it’s always served with a cinnamon biscuit, which she kindly gives to me – yum!
As we have family staying with us this week, we went to Alices Tearooms again over the weekend and sat outside in the sunshine, near the “Painting the roses red” rose bushes. Our guest had this very pretty Mocha!
When I think of coffee, a certain song pops into my head and always makes me smile! Maybe you have heard of it … it’s called “The Java Jive” and is also known as “I like coffee, I like tea”. The only bit of the song that I know is …
“I love coffee, I love tea
I love the java jive and it loves me
Coffee and tea and the jiving and me
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup!”
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio)
- Memento Dye Ink (London Fog, Rich Cocoa)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Sanguine 188 B)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Marker (Slate)
- Liquitex Artist Color acrylic (Ivory Black)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- Kaisercraft clear stamps (Sketchy CS878)
- Rubber Soul wood mounted stamp (Leaf Tile 276K)
- Papermania 2 pack A-Z clear stamps (Leftover Alphabet PMA9071102)
- Tonic Studios Paper Punch (Classic Heart 858E)
- Hunkydory Magnificent Men Luxury Card Collection (Grill King & Nice Buns!)
- Poundworld DecoTime (Paper Patch D59454)
- Postcard “Retro Days” series from the original design by Martin Wiscombe
- UHU Stic
- The Range double-sided foam tape