What’s better than “A Very Merry Un-birthday” treat at Alices, a local tearoom that is themed around the book ‘Alice in Wonderland’. Alices is truly a place of wonder and magic, so I just had to create a journal page to celebrate our visit. I’m also saying a big hello to all of the T Gang over at T Stands for Tuesday … Happy T Day!
The page is covered with a thin layer of napkin, which I stuck to the page using Liquitex matte gel medium making sure to crinkle and crease it as I went along. I diluted some Distress Inks and applied them onto the napkin allowing the ink to be absorbed so it took on a patchy effect – a bit like spilt tea. Next I stamped curly leaf images, hearts and crowns using black Archival Ink to fit the Alice in Wonderland theme. I ripped and aged the blue paper (a colour that is similar to Alice’s dress) to give it a vintage look, adding a lace border of decorative tape. The cake image is a topper, which I thought fitted the theme beautifully. I collected the tearoom’s business card when we visited as I loved the logo writing. I distressed the card edges using scissors and ink, then along with the topper stuck it to the page using double-sided foam tape. The butterflies and clock are outline stickers which I coloured black with a Sharpie marker. To finish I added the pearls and lots of sparkle with heart-shaped and square gemstones.
Alices is an amazing tearoom! It’s filled with so much fun and imagination!
The tearoom is so beautifully decorated – don’t you just love this wonderful old dresser?
I love the blue sky and clouds on the ceiling and the top hat lamp shade.
There is detail everywhere; even the chandelier is made from teacups!
And then there are the cakes – yum! We had a bacon butty followed by Black Forest Cake (2nd from the right). They were scrumptious!
And of course you can’t have cake without a nice pot of tea! Our choice, as always, is Green tea.
Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Shabby Shutters)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Sharpie Permanent Fine Line Marker (Black)
- Hampton Arts 7 Gypsies cling mounted rubber stamps (Birdsong ICO151)
- Hampton Arts Doodlebug Design cling mounted rubber stamps (Borders ICO160)
- Craft Sensations Design Pad (Endless Love CRO260)
- Hunkydory Birthdays for Her Luxury Card Collection (Birthday Bake)
- Home Bargains Self-Adhesive Tape (Pretty Lace 22760)
- Hobbycraft Outline Stickers (Silver Mixed Butterfly 5933961000)
- Outline Stickers (Time Silver 904935)
- Home Bargains stickers (Pearl Gem Stone)
- Hobbycraft gem stones (Black & White Frame Adhesive Gem Design 5665551000, Assorted Pink Square Sticker Strip 5971461001)
- The Range (Shaped Gem Stickers CR0521)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- The Range double-sided foam tape
- Paper napkin
- Business Card