Following on from the kindness I was shown recently, I wanted to create a page about the value of sharing with others. I found the quote and the teapot image in a lovely little book about tea that I have in my book collection and I was inspired to create a page with them.
I painted the page with a thin layer of grey Winsor & Newton watercolour paint and stamped the hearts using London Fog Memento Ink and the flower bouquets using Tea Dye Distress Ink in a repeat pattern across the page. I added two rectangles of decoupage paper using Liquitex matte gel medium and edged them with a lace border stamp from Hampton Arts using the same Memento Ink. The vintage roses are fussy cut from stickers and the Victorian style teapot is a copy of an image from my lovely little book. I enhanced both the rose and teapot images with black Uni Pin and white gel pen to add depth and dimension. The quote is stamped using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. I added diamante strips along the edge of the decoupage paper and the finishing touch was the addition of the two vintage metal brooch stickers, which I think compliment the look and feel of the page.
I found this book in a second-hand bookshop and immediately fell in love with it, isn’t the front cover gorgeous! It takes pride of place on my bookshelf and is full of wonderful quotes about tea and beautiful paintings of vintage cups and teapots. I think it may inspire a series of journal pages!
To continue the vintage Victorian theme and as T Stands for Tuesday – it’s time for tea and crumpets! These are English crumpets and are served toasted with butter, they are so yummy! I’m pleased to be saying a big hello to the T-Gang and wishing you all a Happy T Day!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolours (Payne’s Gray)
- Memento Dye Ink (London Fog, Rich Cocoa)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Markers (Sepia, Slate)
- Uni Pin Fine Line Marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- Hobbycraft clear stamp (Love Hearts 50402HC)
- Great Impressions wood mounted stamp (Ruffled Spring Bouquet #C36)
- Hampton Art Doodlebug Design cling mounted rubber stamps (Borders ICO160)
- Dovecraft upper and lower case alphabet stamp set (WDN Alpha Stmp DCVW0050)
- Vivi Gade decoupage paper (Skagen 25561)
- Poundworld DécoTime (Vintage Stickers #54748)
- Hobbycraft gem stones (Black & White Frame Adhesive Gem Design 5665551000)
- Penny Black 2004 Stickeroos (Vintage Roses #10-142)
- Teapot image
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- UHU Stic