When we are at home we always have elevenses, which means it’s time for green tea and a homemade cake. My page today is inspired by this, as well as the T Stands For Tuesday blog challenge hosted by Bleubeard & Elizabeth. A big hello to all of the T-Gang! I apologise for the lateness in my post – Tuesday just didn’t work out as I planned! Hope you like this page.
I stenciled cog wheels using white gesso and let it dry completely, I then dripped and dabbed diluted Faber-Castell Big Brush markers over the page, gradually building up the layers of colour. To define the wheels more I doodled around them with a fine line Uni Pin marker. Liquitex Matte Gel Medium was used to fix the pieces of torn decoupage paper and I added white gesso using my finger to blend it into the background more. I covered some cardboard alphabet stickers with copper leaf using Gold Size and stuck any remaining copper leaf randomly onto the page. Next I started creating the steam rising up my page using transfers, gem stones and clock stickers which I coloured black (you may notice the steam has lifted the numbers of the clock faces as they are swirling up the page). The three teabags, which I dried and emptied, are stuck down using UHU Stic. I stamped words onto them using Archival Ink, added star stickers and a stitch effect around the outside using a black marker. I used some cup images from a leaflet, which I distressed with inks and a baby wipe. I finished by outlining the images and words with a black marker.
Here’s a photo of our elevenses, Gunpowder Green tea and homemade carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting – yummy!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Faber-Castell Big Brush artist pens (Black 199, Dark Sepia 175 B, Sanguine 188 B, Cold Grey IV 233)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Sharpie Permanent Fine Point marker (Black)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm, 0.2mm and 0.8mm)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye)
- Ranger Dine Wakley Media stencil (Wheels MDS45588)
- Dovecraft upper case Alphabet stamp set (WDN ALPHA STMP DCV0050)
- Outline Stickers (Time Silver 904935)
- Letraset Transfer (Helvetica Bold Condensed 5mm RDC0251)
- Santora (Decoupage Papers SNDE C043)
- The Range (Shaped Gem Stickers)
- Copper leaf
- Annie Sloan Water Based Gold Size
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- UHU Stic