A big Thank You to Yvonne aka Meggymay and Art Journal Journey for inspiring my page. The theme this month is “In my garden there is…”. In my case there are peonies. strawberries and birds (Blackbird, Blue Tit and Robin).
I started by stamping ornate leaves with Memento Ink and then smooshed diluted Spectrum Aqua marker over the top. The bird cage is from Hampton Arts and is stamped with Memento Ink. Next I added the decorative tape and fussy cut the strawberry and peony images. The peonies are a napkin, which a lovely lady at a local tearoom very kindly gave me as I was admiring it – it’s lovely when someone shows such kindness I was very touched to receive this along with some others that she produced from a basket. The peonies are stuck down with UHU Stic which gives a ‘melted into the page’ look. The postage stamps are from my hubby’s childhood collection, they are British and were issued in 1966, depicting some of my favourite garden birds. To finish I stamped the text using Archival Ink. I am really pleased how this page turned out!
The Blackbird in our garden is very trusting, I think it’s because my hubby feeds it worms and slugs! You can often find Mr. Blackbird following my hubby around the garden, it’s so funny. I think he is very handsome (and my hubby of course … lol!).
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Memento Dye Ink (Pistachio, London Fog)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet black)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Markers (Aquamarine)
- Crafters Companion photopolymer stamp set (Just for you – Butterfly Lullaby 5-BL-ST-JUS)
- Hampton Arts 7 Gypsies cling mounted rubber stamps (Birdsong ICO151)
- Docrafts A5 clear stamp set (Alpha Folk DCE907115)
- Nitwit Collections Essentials (Strawberry Social – Toppers NWCE-T-SS1)
- Chatsworth Napkins (Peony)
- Crelando Decorative Tape
- Postage Stamps
- UHU Stic
- The Range double-sided foam tape