I have always loved this quote and when I found this adorable fairy, I couldn’t wait to create this page!
I covered the background with patches of white gesso using a palate knife – I find it produces a lovely textured and translucent effect when inks are applied over the top. I painted different greens using diluted Distress Inks and Colourfast Brusho Crystal powders, then splattered diluted Black Soot Distress Ink onto the page. The flowers stamp is from Hampton Arts and I stamped it using grey Memento Ink. For the honeycomb effect I stamped hexagonal shapes using Distress Ink and stenciled dots using Pébéo modelling paste mixed with glitter glue. Once the modelling paste was dry I added more sparkly glitter over the top. To create the fairy dust I sprinkled Brusho power in 3 places and spritzed with water, then added dots of glitter glue in a starburst, which took a while to dry. I cut the pink flowers from napkins and stuck them down with UHU Stic. Once the quote was stamped onto pink paper, I outlined the pieces with a black Sharpie. The quote, fairy, clover and bees are all stuck to the page with double-sided foam tape to add extra dimension.
I like to think fairies live under the toadstools in our garden, and this bee must definitely think so too! A big Thank You to Yvonne aka Meggymay over at Art Journal Journey for this month’s theme ‘In my garden there is…’, which I am really enjoying.
My hubby says the fairy looks like this “little crafter” when I was a little girl! What do you think? I love this quote and believe you can realise your dreams if you:
“Spread your wings and let your inner fairy fly”
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Pébéo White Gesso
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Tea Dye. Black Soot)
- Colourfast Brusho Colour Crystals (Leaf Green, Emerald Green)
- Memento Dye Ink (London Fog)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet black)
- Sharpie Permanent Marker Fine Point (Black)
- Pébéo Modeling Paste High Density
- Hobbycraft Glitter Glue Pens (Assorted Colours)
- Creative Expressions Masks (That Touch of Mica Masks – Distressed Dots)
- Hampton Arts Bella Blvd cling mounted rubber stamps (Sand & Surf ICO226)
- Docrafts Papermania clear stamps (Capsule Geometric 3 pcs)
- Dovecraft upper and lower case alphabet stamp set (WDN ALPHA STMP DCVW0050)
- Craft Sensations Design Pad paper (Endless Love CR0260/A)
- Poundland (Fairy Stickers)
- Caspari Napkin
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- UHU Stic
- The Range double-sided foam tape