Today I find myself taking part in a new challenge over at Altered Book Lover, thanks so much to Patty for recommending the “T Stands for Tuesday” challenge-blog. This page is a bit like East meets West, taking on an oriental feel with green tea from china, my new glass teapot direct from Japan and then the more English tradition of afternoon tea. It’s called “Drink your Greens” as green tea is good for you…right! We won’t mention the cake though…tee hee!
This page started with my collection of various items, such as a tea cup template, the teapot instructions (written entirely in Japanese!), the green tea packaging and various oriental themed stickers and papers. I started with the teapot instructions, layering different pieces horizontally and vertically on the page. For the rest of the background, I noticed one of the sticker sets has an almost rice paper quality and the most lovely red border and diamond background, so I used that. I think it looks fab so have added a diamond stamp or stencil to my wish list. From the same sticker set I also used the bamboo and red flower borders and squares. The tea cup was cut out from oriental card stock, I love the graduated shading effect that goes down the cup towards the saucer. The little red and white oval sticker was stuck to the actual teapot, I think it’s a quality mark.
Gunpowder green tea is my favourite blend so I used the lid from the box along with the little yellow sticker which sealed it. To match the pagoda on the yellow tea sticker, I added a pagoda outline stickers which I was given free when I bought other items in a local craft shop. Using a Spectrum Aqua marker I created some shading around the pagoda and other areas. Finally, I added the black oriental card circles, words cut from a magazine and the cupcake. I love how this page turned out and it’s one of my favourites!
So as “T stands for Tuesday”, my hubby and I are having a lovely cup of green tea and as the page indicates, we have cake too. In fact, we always have homemade cake with our tea. I love baking and today’s cake is a Lemon and Blueberry cupcake … scrummy!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s marker (Slate)
- Faber- Castell Big Brush Pitt artist pen (Black 199)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Sharpie Fine Point permanent marker (Black)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Penny Black 2006 Stickeroos (Butterfly Party #10-18)
- Hunkydory Luxury Topper Collection (Eastern Promise EAST104)
- Dovecraft glitter stickers (Cakes – Cupcake Bakery DCST047)
- Inspirations (Japanese outline stickers Black 2295)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- The Range double-sided foam tape
- Hario Glass teapot instructions and sticker
- Shuanglong Ting special gunpowder green tea box