As you may know, I volunteer to help clean my local beach as part of Love my Beach. Last week I made a happy discovery whilst we were collecting rubbish along the shoreline – two hearts, one a collection of pebbles in the shape of a heart and the other made from driftwood, both left behind by happy holidaymakers. They inspired my page; it was so nice to find them … they made me smile!
I applied Liquitex acrylic paint to the page with a baby wipe, then used a homemade stamp and Archival Ink to add a grid texture and splattered black and white acrylic paint over the top. I drew a circle in the middle of the page to create a globe image and coloured it using a grey Faber-Castell big brush marker. A dots stencil and texture paste added the land detail onto the globe. On white paper I stenciled some text with Distress Ink and stamped hearts in two colours using Memento Ink, this formed the background for the sentiment lettering. Once stamped, I cut the letters out and arranged them to fit inside the globe and then stamped the authors name around the edge of the globe. Two wooden hearts which represent the hearts I found on the beach, rhinestone flowers, glittery dots and fabric tape finished the page. I think the quote is so special; imagine if love and compassion were at the forefront of people’s thoughts – the peace that would bring.
I snapped the hearts I found on the beach with my phone, aren’t they just wonderful!
With my homemade globe of the World, I’m joining the Art Journal Journey MAPS challenge hosted by Mary C. Nasser.
I regularly go to a local café with my mum and took a photo from our last visit so I could join the T Gang over at T Stands for Tuesday. Here’s my Chocolate frappé (ice, chocolate syrup and milk all blitzed in a blender), please note the cream and chocolate flake on top are optional and all my mum’s doing … it was so nice though! Happy T day!
I apologise for not posting as often or catching up with all my wonderful blogging friends of late, but my dad is very unwell in hospital and I need to spend extra time visiting and supporting my mum. I look forward to catching up with everyone when things improve.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Liquitex Artist Color Acrylic (Navy)
- Colvin & Co acrylic paint (Titanium White)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye)
- Memento Dye Ink (Love Letter, Angel Pink)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt artists pen (Cold Grey 233)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Pébéo Modeling Paste High Density
- Creative Expressions That Special Touch of Mica Masks (Distressed Dots)
- The Crafters Workshop 6×6 stencil (Mini Art Is TCW261s)
- Hobbycraft clear stamp (A6 Heart Background)
- Papermania 2 pack A-Z clear stamps (Leftover Alphabet PMA9071102)
- Docrafts A5 clear stamp set (Alpha Folk DCE907115)
- Dovecraft upper and lower case alphabet stamp set (WDN Alpha Stmp DCVW0050)
- Homemade wooden block stamp with Plasterboard/Drywall tape
- Docrafts Glitterations (Dots – White ANT 8181041)
- The Works stickers (Rhinestone Flowers)
- The Works (3 Adhesive Heart Shapes)
- The Works (Fabric Tape)
- The Range glue stick
- X-press It double-sided tape