I have so enjoyed looking at the art created by those participating in Erica’s Journey challenge-blog over at Art Journal Journey, that I was reminded of our travels to Paris back in April 2010 for my birthday, you could say we had our own “April in Paris”.
I covered the page in decoupage paper using matte gel medium, then stamped script on top using Spectrum Aqua markers. To capture some of our visit, I chose lilacs that remind me of a beautiful flower and gift shop opposite Notre Dame. The lilacs are also stamped using Aqua Spectrum makers creating a lovely watercolour feel, they do look bright and cheery. This is a stark contrast from our time in Paris, as it rained the whole time we were there, we were smiling on the inside though and still had loads of fun! Next I added the Penny Black stickers, aptly named ‘April in Paris’, some of which I tore and distressed. Again these images bring back memories, of the magnificent Eiffel Tower and the music sheet conjures up the time when we were on The Metro and a Mariachi Band boarded our train carriage and started playing music – an unforgettable train journey! To finish I added the butterflies as they love lilacs, the sentiment and date and finally some gemstones.
Here’s the mighty Eiffel Tower in all its glory and it looks even more spectacular lit up at night! It was fun to look through our photo album and remind ourselves of our journey to Paris, we had a lovely time!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Markers (Sepia, Red Velvet, Moss, Chocolate, Slate)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Kaisercraft clear stamp (Script CS752)
- Docrafts Papermania Tina Higgins Design wooden stamp (Lilac – J Stamp PMA9061108)
- Papermania A-Z clear stamps (Leftovers Alphabet PMA9071102)
- Vivi Gade decoupage paper (Skagen 25561)
- Penny Black 2012 Stickeroos (April in Paris 10-213)
- Poundland self adhesive gemstones (504 Gems)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- Zig Memory System 2-way glue