I saw this picture of “La Ghirlandata” by Dante Gabriel Rossetti in a magazine and just knew I had to create an art journal page using it, I just fell in love with this image as it’s so beautiful.
This collage is quite simple with the magazine picture as the focal point. This picture had some white text on it, which I covered up by colouring with complimentary shades using Spectrum Aqua markers and then covered with papers and butterflies. I used both American Crafts and Kaisercraft papers, some ripped and some with straight edges. The flower image is a sticker by Penny Black which I cut in half and used on opposing sides of the page. The butterflies complimented the image with their vibrancy of colour, they are actually 3D stickers and the wings of the butterfly fold upwards. A combination of gold outline stickers and flower gem stones add some sparkle. Lastly the title of the picture and artist were added. I love this page, the rich colours and image make it one of my favourites!
I believe beauty is all around us we just have to look for it. I was out on a ride with my husband on our tandem and saw these beautiful white flowers the size of dinner plates in a neighbour’s front garden. I think it’s a tree peony, isn’t it just breathtaking! We made a point of cycling by every day for a week, just to see them in all their glory.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Markers (Peach, Spice, Terracotta, Slate)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt Artist Marker (Black 199)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Uniball Signo gel pen (White)
- American Crafts DIY Store 12×12 paper pad (366665)
- Kaisercraft Timeless Collection paper (Postmarks P853)
- Home Bargains self-adhesive stickers (Beautiful Butterflies 22742)
- Penny Black (2010) Stickeroos (In Bloom 10-208)
- Hobbycraft outline stickers (Gold Scenes 5934211001)
- Dovecraft peel-off stickers (Alphas Caps Gold DCPO-05)
- The Works stickers (Rhinestone Flowers)
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- The Range double-sided foam tape
- Magazine picture