With the cherry blossom in full bloom it reminds me of our good friends from America who visited us last year! It’s hard to believe it’s been a year already, so I find myself thinking of friends!
The background was a simple wash of Distress ink. Then I added torn American Crafts paper, picking out map pieces with American states on them, I even found “Portland”. The cherry blossoms and image were from a 2016 calendar (which was discounted) and I hand drew and painted the falling petals. The postcards are so relevant as we often send each other cards to keep in touch throughout the year and these cards are of French descent just like my friend. Lastly I added the sentiments; “awesome” is one of our favourite words to use, I think this page truly turned out awesome too!
Here’s me and my Forever Friend celebrating the cherry blossom when we visited Chester in May 2015 – happy times!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry, Shabby Shutters)
- Spectrum Aqua Artist’s Markers (Slate, Tan)
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt Artist Pen (Cold Grey IV 233)
- Derwent Intense Ink Pencils (Fushia 0700, Baked Earth 1800)
- Uni Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)
- Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
- Hampton Art Bella Blvd rubber cling mounted stamps (Sand and Surf IC0226)
- American Crafts DIY Shop 12×12 paper pad (366665)
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Crowded Attic Salvage Stickers #TH92898)
- The Works British Birds Calender 2016
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- The Range double-sided foam tape