When you are art journaling, sometimes things don’t end up the way you thought they would. This was definitely the case with this page. The background went all muddy looking because I overworked the paint (that is to say I didn’t know when to stop!) So a good solution is to white gesso everything and then start again – a happy accident!
The original background had wheels stenciled with texture paste and after I had white gesso’d it I added the squares and sentiment, then another layer of white gesso was applied. Distress inks and metallic acrylic paint were used to create a bronze and patina look. Depth in the page was achieved by adding black distress ink and outlining the stencils with a black pen. Copper leaf and gems finished the look.
The title was inspired by Bob Ross, who said “We don’t make mistakes, we have happy accidents”. I love his positive outlook and take on life. This page certainly makes me very happy and was achieved totally by accident. I love it !
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Here is a list of all the materials used to create this art journal page:
- Ranger Stencil by Dina Wakley Media (Wheels)
- Creative Expressions Mask by Sam Poole (Doodle Squares)
- Ranger texture paste
- Hobbycraft Alphabet cardboard spotty stickers
- Winsor & Newton white gesso
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy, Cracked Pistachio, Black Soot)
- Poundland metallic acrylic paint (Bronze)
- Annie Sloan water based gold size
- Copper leaf
- Poundland 504 self adhesive gems
- Ini Pin Fine Line marker (Black 0.1mm)